Friday, June 30, 2006

Viva la Summer

In winter I get up at night

And dress by yellow candle-light.

In summer quite the other way

I have to go to bed by day.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Summer turns out to be so busy with all kinds of social events that I have no idea where from to take the time for working. Next weekend has been planned for me by other people, so has the weekend after….then one weekend free and then a long weekend in Berlin and the RW concert.

This week alone there has been dinner with friends (S, it was so good to see you and Jazz again!), watching football with friends and a short but surprisingly fulfilling trip to another little Estonian island called Prangli.

It’s a small island, only 6 km2 in area and around 120 people living on it, but it has forest and lovely beaches, local school, shop and bar. When we arrived at the harbor, I was just photographing some really old and tired-looking boats there. Only moments later it turned out we were taking one of them to cross the 18 km of water for reaching the island. Altogether we spent only one day on Prangli – from Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon, but it felt like at least a long weekend. Most of the time our activities were “chill and grill” and some drinking of some totally legal things and some smoking of some almost legal things. The company was good and the hangover-day jokes by Mr. Rassu kept us all perfectly entertained. I made a mental note about the island for the next event with either my colleagues or my friends. Lovely!

No comments: