Tuesday, July 05, 2005

European Night

Yesterday was the day…or rather the night… “European night” – which is basically the night when all those 25 people (plus organizers) bring out da alcohol from the respective 10 countries, whew – that’s a shitload of booze. And for the future reference – European Night without being able to drink any of those liquers sucks big time…but it’d be even worse with drinking the next day at 7 or so a.m.

So, there I was, watching all those 25 and more getting gradually more and more drunk. It was pretty much like watching a bit surreal movie, except I also had the directing powers. So, for my own pleasure I made them take part in Erurovision song contest, which they rather enjoyed. Greece won, quite like in the real one, except for the fact that our singer was male. Then I made them dance to the music I chose and the rest was already out of my hands – I mean all the kissing and mating etc.

I got through the evening quite luckily, doing the organizing part, staying away from the alcohol and keeping the alcohol away from my computer etc, and still, right before leaving (around 3 a.m.) it was still me who got hit in the face. By accident, of course, but with a ping-pong racket with a backhander….not nice, I tell you…not nice at all…but I survived and seemingly without a huge blue mark and I managed to get to work on time and am still up and going…


"I woke up and joyfully realised that a miracle had occurred. I wasn't hungover. Tequila was brilliant. I was never going to drink anything else ever again. Then I realised it was still dark and after a bit of groping around I found my watch, discovered that it was 5:30am and finally figured out the reason I wasn't hungover was because I was still drunk." - Isabelle Beckett

7 comments:

Nele said...

So it's english this week - fine. :) The hit you got - sounds like me - wherever/whenever possible and even when completely impossible and unpredictable - I always get the bruises, the hits the I-fall-over-on-compeltely-even-ground's etc. I just get multiple injuries - alcohol or no alcohol, by my own clumsiness or somebody elses. So I feel for you. :)

Mrs said...

Any pictures maybe?
And please - more gossip, I beg you :P

Hernes said...

Pictures...well, as one of the gossips said...probably there's many who remember most of the evening by their photos:) and gossips...Hungarian guy already had a new girl:)

Anonymous said...

the greek guy kisses well:)

Mrs said...

Wonder what will happen in Latvia, in the middle of nowhere :) More couples probably :P

Anonymous said...

:) .. i used to hate organizing these things .. i never had the time to really .. relax .. and when i stopped organizing them .. i allways thought i still was .. so .. respect!:)

Hernes said...

I've tried giving it all up for several years now but i somehow get sucked back into it ..dunno, i guess i still get some kick out of it...