Sunday, October 30, 2005

Part of my soul

For the record, yesterday was the first day I noticed Christmas stuff in shops. C’mon people…it’s still October and just a bit too early for all that, don’t you think? I’m not much of a fan of the approaching cold winter and really long and really dark nights…but given there is no escape from it anyway, there are a couple of things that make it all a bit more bearable. For instance, you can light the candles and vanillascented incense, put on a Buena Vista Social Club record and read a good book. Even more perfect would be to cuddle with somebody and watch a good movie and do all the other things you can do if the movie is boring, for instance;)

Still… on a related topic to weather and BVSC…On Friday evening I had the chance to watch the fabulos Lady Salsa show, which was 2 hours of absolutely perfect dancing performances through the whole Cuban dance and music history. The way those dancers moved was unreal. I know they’re professional dancers but you can never ever make an Estonian move like that, even after years of training. Add to that the music and the passion and temperament…it’s just mesmerizing. And it made me wonder, why wasn’t I born in Cuba or somewhere alike…I admit that part of my soul is really northern but there’s a tiny part which is not, and is always longing to go to places far from here and is drawn to latin music and dancing…and this part has been longing to go somewhere for a long while now…

…but today was nice – it was sunny outside and there are still lots of colourful leaves on the trees, there was no wind and the city was beautiful…and the candles are lit, the music is playing and the book is waiting…

No comments: