Monday, February 20, 2006

Dreamworld presents...

Over the years I have had a strong relationship with my dream world. In my opinion dreams are an integral part of our lives; a mirror of our self-consciousness; a somewhat twisted reflection of our conscious daily lives. At times my dreams can be extremely vivid, even so much as to confuse them with the real world. Once I forgot to wish a friend a happy birthday for I had already done so in my dream. Another time I was truly angry with someone after waking up from a dream where I’d had a huge fight with her.

And, occasionally, I have found, my dreams come true, they predict the events that are about to happen in real world. On at least 2 occasions the predictions have come true after I’ve told someone about the dream. On one of those occasions my dream began unwrapping itself during the course of the day and I just watched everything happen. Now…this weekend i found out something that had happened in real life, which I had already dreamt about a week ago…(and shared the dream).

Some of my latest dreams have scared me a bit. They haven’t peen bad per se but I wouldn’t want things going that way. Some things are better left in dreamworld. So, what I do, is keep parts of my dreams only to myself. I don’t wanna tease the fate.

“Be careful what you wear to bed at night, you never know who you’ll meet in your dreams.” Unknown

No comments: