Friday, March 02, 2007

Almost a socialite

I don’t know how they do it, the celebrities and socialites who party all the time. First of all, how can they keep it up physically and secondly…don’t they get bored at all? I went to 2 parties yesterday – a radio station birthday party and an FHM magazine party – two very different parties but both equally boring. I must also state that I am still surprised of the bad quality of organization of such events. If you can’t do it yourself, for god’s sake, hire somebody to do it for you.

The first party was boring because of the relatively old and too much of a suit & tie crowd. So we lasted about only an hour. The second one had a totally different crowd – younger, stupider and with a lot more bare flesh and make-up. Lots to drink, but nothing non-alcoholic and not much to eat. And no substance matter to hold up the party. When you’re done looking at the local socialites you better have some of your people with you to talk to coz not much entertaining happens.

So, back to the “how they do it” part. If I were to go to these kinds of parties for a couple of weeks or months in a row, I’d probably end up in rehab as well, quite like the Spearses and the Lohans. I’d be drinking just out of sheer boredom. I guess I’m lucky enough to be leading a normal lifestyle, where work happens during daytime and party is for actually having fun and not another social responsibility.