Tuesday, November 22, 2005

People letting you down

…this blog is developing like a tangent curve – happy note, sad note, happy, sad…. Last one was happy, guess what this one is?

I’ve been let down. It’s not work-related, nor is it about my personal life, per se. It’s something in between the 2. It’s about organizing a thing and being sure that everything has been agreed on and then finding out 4 days before the “thing” that the agreement doesn’t stand and you’re in deep shit.

I tend to believe in people and to trust them and generally I expect people not to break promises. You know what I mean? I try to always keep my promises and if that is impossible for some reason, I go out of my way to make it right and I more or less die of the guilt. It’s the same thing with running late on a meeting or being unable to help my friends or whatever. So, that’s what I expect from the rest of the world too. I cannot respect people who light-heartedly run late all the time or fail to keep the deadlines or don’t pay their debts on time or break their promises. And so what if things like that happen all the time… does that mean I have to take it as a norm? I don’t think so!

I know the situation I’m referring to is not entirely one person’s fault but I can’t help but feel sad and let down and disappointed…

No comments: