Sunday, October 21, 2007

Can you smell your memories?

The smell of fallen leaves on a sunny day - that is my favourite autumn smell. I walked through my neighbourhood this morning. I've been doing a lot more walking lately, with the car gone. The sun was shining but there were almost no people. All of them probably cuddled up at their homes having sunday morning coffee. It was rather crisp outside and it was beautiful. The smell of the leaves was mixing with the smell of smoke coming from some chimneys. It brought back memories, reminding me of my childhood when i used to stay at my grandparents' in the country. And my parents are wondering how i can like living in Tallinn. It's all about which part of the city you live in, isn't it.

"Can you smell your memories?"
"Of course you can!"

No comments: